Panda Patriot Power Project
The Panda Patriot Power Project is a clean natural gas-fueled, 829-megawatt combined-cycle generating station. Once built, the plant is expected to supply the power needs of up to 1 million homes and is expected to make a significant contribution to the area's economy.
Patriot Power Plant Facility Facts
Location: Clinton Township (Near Williamsport); Lycoming County, Pa.
Site Size: 85 Acres
Size: 829 Megawatts; Will supply the power needs of up to 1 million homes in Northern Pa.
Technology: Combined cycle
Fuel: Clean, natural gas
Air Permit Received: August 13, 2013
Construction Start: December 2013
Construction Time: Approximately 30 months
Anticipated Date of Substantial Completion: Mid 2016
Patriot Power Plant Facility Highlights
The Panda Patriot Generating Station Will:
- Plant expected to make a significant contribution to Central Pennsylvania
- Create approximately 500 construction jobs; 27 direct jobs to operate the plant and 45 indirect jobs to support the plant
- Utilize the latest, most advanced emissions-control technology, making it one of the cleanest natural gas-fueled power plants in the United States
- Use Siemens H-class gas turbines — the world's first generation technology to achieve operating efficiencies of 60 percent.
- Be cooled with air rather than water — not drawing water from, or discharging water into, the Susquehanna River — eliminating potential impacts to sensitive species in the watershed
- Minimize sound using special blade designs, low-output motors and building enclosures
- More than 20 gigawatts of coal-fired power plant retirements have been announced to take place in the PJM (Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Maryland) market in the next few years, setting the stage for tightening reserve requirements
- More than 70 gigawatts of power plants in PJM average 56 years of age
- Total peak demand growth of over 1.4 percent per year, or approximately 2,200 MW per year
Construction and Technology Providers
Equity: Panda Power Funds and institutional co-investors
Debt: Lead arrangers – Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse, Ares Capital and Union Bank
Construction and Technology Providers
Siemens Energy Inc — one of the world's largest suppliers of turbine technology – will provide the power island package including the natural gas turbines, steam turbine and waste heat recovery boilers
Gemma Power Systems and Lane Construction — Gemma Power Systems, an “ENR Top 100” Design-Build Firm and Lane Construction, one of America’s leading construction companies, will be responsible for the engineering and procurement for the balance of the plant and the installation, construction and commissioning of the facility.
Contact us if you are interested in being a vendor or an employee for the Liberty project.
About Williamsport, PA
Williamsport, Pennsylvania (also known as Billtown) is a city on the move. It is alive with great attractions, artists, Victorian architecture, a vibrant downtown, and it is the only city located in the Pennsylvania Wilds.
As the largest city in Lycoming County and North Central Pennsylvania, Williamsport hosts a burgeoning arts community. Grand entertainment can be found at the majestic Community Arts Center, live theater productions at the Community Theater League and Hollywood's latest films at the Cinema Center. The city also houses the Williamsport Symphony Orchestra and Civic Ballet.
Williamsport is best known for its claim to fame as the birthplace of Little League Baseball and plays host every year to the Little League World Series. Carl Stotz pioneered the sport in 1939. With over 200,000 teams in more than 80 countries around the world, Little League baseball is the world's largest youth sports program. Each August, thousands of visitors travel to the area from around the globe to play in the championship tournament.
Williamsport is a great place to live, dine, shop and visit. Money magazine polls consistently rank Williamsport among the top 300 places to live in the United States.